Speaking of the Capital Bar, as I was earlier: It was one of the big winners in our first Toast of the Town survey of the state’s best watering holes.
The cover story is on-line now. Just look over there to the right and check the story lineup, including a visit with a still maker, nostalgia for the neighborhood tavern and more.
Support the Arkansas Blog with a subscription
We can't resist without our readers!
Other items of interest include:
* A Boy Named Sooie, Derek Jenkins, writes movingly of his experience as a teacher of UA athletes and laments the poor graduation rate of black football players.
* State. Rep. Randy Laverty talks to Doug Smith about legalizing medical marijuana.
* I have my promised rant about the lack of accountability for the growing public subsidy of the private Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce.
* David Sanders tells media columnist Gerard Matthews that the offer to manage Stanley Reed’s Senate campaign was a bolt from the blue AFTER he’d completed a column on the Senate race that mentioned Reed favorably. (The job offer did precede publication of the column.)
* Bob Lancaster has some fixes for Christmas, like Wii-run manger scenes.