Your comments are welcome. Parting shots:
* THE GANG THAT COULDN’T SHOOT STRAIGHT: Blue Hog Report notes that former Republican congressional candidate Doug Matayo appears to be lacking some required campaign finance reports with the Federal Election Commission. Matayo is the top aide to Secretary of State Mark Martin, which might tell you something about that office’s slipshod accounting practices.
* YEARNING TO BREATHE FREE — OF MIKE ROSS: There is no depth to which Mike Ross will not sink. Today, he invokes the stirring words on the Statue of Liberty — “give us your tired, your poor, etc.” — in a news release vowing not to give dirty immigrants an inch on entering this country to breathe free. Said Ross: “As this debate intensifies, please know that I will continue to oppose any legislation that includes amnesty for illegal immigrants.” He’ll kick yearners in the ass, in other words.
* DEATH TOLL RISING: Joplin tornado death count at 116, according to last CNN report I saw. More than 1,000 injured.
* LR SEEKS STAY: As it indicated it would do Friday, the Little Rock School District has asked for a stay of Judge Brian Miller’s order ending $70 million in desegregation aid to Pulaski school districts. The $38 million that Little Rock would lose would devastate magnet schools, among others, forcing layoffs and disrupting plans of thousands of students registered for affected schools set to open in three months.
* THOSE FRACKING BARRELS: KTHV updates the story on the barrels for fracking fluids discovered in a creek that provides water for the city of Clinton. A horseman has come forward to say they are empty barrels he obtained from a gas company for use with his horses. He said he didn’t know the barrels had washed off his property. Channel 11 says preliminary tests on creek water so far show on problem chemical concentrations.