It’s open. Final notes:
* ROBBER ALMOST BUYS IT: Ozarks Unbound reports on an attempted robbery of the Arkansas Gold and Silver store on College in Fayetteville. Robber had knife; stabbed employee. Employee had gun, shot robber in chest. Store employee OK. Accused robber in hospital.
* GAY MARRIAGE VOTE: Many sources reporting that committed votes are set to pass same-sex marriage bill in the New York Senate. Maybe tonight. IF the Republican caucus allows a vote.
* STEALING KIDS’ FOOD: A State Police investigation has led to theft charges against the school food service director in the Dermott School District. Kay Brown is charged with selling food purchased for the school for cash out of the cafeteria. No charges were filed against the people who bought thousands in stolen merchandise. Their alibi: They thought money was going to the school district, for items ranging from doughnuts to shrimp. Unusually expensive purchases raised suspicion and a surveillance camera helped break the case.
* SWIMMING POOL DEATH VERDICT REVERSED: The state Court of Appeals reversed a jury verdict that a North Little Rock motel owner wasn’t liable in the death of Guy Bishop, who wasn’t able to recover from nearly drowning after walking into the deep end of the Howard Johnson pool in March 2008. The court ordered a new trial because it said the trial judge, Ellen Brantley, shouldn’t have excluded testimony about the failure of the hotel to observe a state safety regulation that requires a lifeline between the deep and shallow end of a pool.
* GLEN CAMPBELL: The Arkansas native singer has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.