Rep. Ed Garner alerts us via Twitter that incoming House Republican leader Rep. Bruce Westerman soon will publish his legislative agenda to help produce a winning Republican team in the 2012 elections.
Why wait for Westerman. Here it is:
Support the Arkansas Blog with a subscription
We can't resist without our readers!
1) Cut taxes.
2) Cut government jobs.
3) Cut taxes.
4) Cut government pensions.
5) Cut taxes.
6) Cut government health insurance coverage.
7) Cut taxes.
8) Further restrict women’s reproductive rights.
9) Cut taxes.
10) Further discriminate against gay people.
11) Cut taxes.
12) Encourage more guns, concealed and unconcealed, in more public places.
13) Cut taxes.
14) Regulate the environment less.
15) Cut taxes.
16) Punish immigrants and people who comfort them to the maximum.
17) Cut taxes.
18) Provide more public money for religious institutions, particularly pre-schools owned by Republican legislators.
19) Cut taxes.
20) Provide public money to pay for private school tuition and home school parents
21) Cut taxes.
22) Give away tax money to private business because corporate welfare is the only good welfare.
And, also, cut taxes.
I’d encourage Westerman to add ethics to his agenda. But that might cut a little close for comfort for historic tax deadbeat Garner, who’s nicked taxpayers and his campaign account concurrently for charges for putative use of his bakery as a legislative office.