By today’s 5 p.m. deadline, five qualified candidates asked to be considered by the Little Rock School Board for the vacant Zone 6 seat open because of the death of Michael Peterson shortly after he was elected in September. A sixth lived outside the zone.
* Laveta L. Wills-Hale., a coordinator for the Arkansaas Out of School Network, who was defeated by Peterson in the election.
* Andrew Pritt, who’s run for the board before as well as other public offices.
* Michael D. Booker, a lawyer and former state legislator.
* Tommy Branch Jr., a trainer for the state Division of Youth Services.
* Robert D. Williams., who works as a volunteer in his neighborhood association and is president of Fair PTA.
They’ll be interviewed by the Board on Monday.