- Brian Chilson
- Last May’s arrest at the Occupy Little Rock camp.
The prosecuting attorney’s office this morning asked that the case against the four members of the Occupy Little Rock group who were arrested last year for refusing to leave their camp downtown be nol prossed, the lawyer for the four, John Wesley Hall, said. The prosecutor told District Judge Alice Lightle that they were asking to drop the case because none of the four had been arrested since the May 16 shutdown of the camp by the city of Little Rock.
Support the Arkansas Blog with a subscription
We can't resist without our readers!
The prosecutor had offered last September to drop all charges if the four weren’t arrested again within six months, an offer the four refused. At the time, Occupy member Glenn “Mac” Miller said the not guilty plea the four entered was to force the court to determine the limits of their rights to peaceably assemble.