The Sunday line is open. Quiet on the home front as best I can tell. Otherwise:
* HILLARY IN 2016! I sat behind a monster pickup with a Game and Fish license plate in a Sonic pickup line the other day. It also had a Hillary in 2016 bumper sticker. Go figure. Today’s news is an extensive interview she gave to New York magazine: It’s worth a read — love or hate. The Washington Post provided the Cliff notes version, which I”ve boiled down to a Twitter-plus version
* “Pragmatic and realistic.’
* Not in a hurry.
* Chelsea is the new gatekeeper. (And, though Post didn’t say it, I feel more strongly every day that she’s edging toward the electoral arena.)
* Bill didn’t meddle in the State Department when she was in charge.
* Life with Bill is more ordinary than you might think.
”We get to be at home together a lot more now than we used to in the last few years. We have a great time; we laugh at our dogs; we watch stupid movies; we take long walks; we go for a swim. You know just ordinary, everyday pleasures.”
* KENYAN SLAUGHTER: I’m terribly myopic and woefully uninformed about international affairs, but I sense that the Kenyan mall hostage/mass killing has much broader implications than another tragedy in a distant land. The breaking headlines that the shooters may include Americans is one factor.