The Wednesday night line is open. But let’s include this:
* THE GENDER GAP: A Mark Pryor campaign solicitation e-mail included this hard-hitting recitation of why a woman (or someone who believes in gender equality) should support Democratic Senator Pryor over Republican Tom Cotton. Tough. Accurate.
You won’t believe just how dangerous and extreme Cotton’s positions are. Make sure you know what we’re up against, then help us spread the word by sharing with your family and friends.
1. Tom Cotton doesn’t believe women deserve equal pay for equal work.
When Congressman Tom Cotton had the opportunity to support pay equity legislation, he voted no. In fact, Cotton went out of his way to say he opposes paycheck fairness for women, even though a recent study showed that women in Arkansas earn just 77 cents for every dollar earned by a man. It’s even worse for African American women (66 cents) and Latina women (53 cents).
2. Tom Cotton said a woman’s greatest fear in life is being left by her man.
Cotton also argued that women can’t handle divorce, saying they will, quote, “slide into…material indigence and emotional misery.”
3. Tom Cotton doesn’t believe women can serve in combat units because of their “nature.”
Yep. He actually said that.
4. Tom Cotton voted against the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) – not once, but twice.
Not only did Cotton oppose the bipartisan version of VAWA, but he also voted against the watered-down Republican version of the bill.
Control of the entire U.S. Senate could come down to a small handful of votes in Arkansas. If we lose Mark Pryor in Arkansas, we’ll lose our Democratic Senate majority and Tom Cotton will be able to implement his reckless and irresponsible agenda to turn back the clock on women’s rights.
Right now, the polls are tied. But in the last fundraising quarter, Cotton beat us. We cannot let that happen again.
Help stop Cotton and the GOP Senate takeover.