Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office reports that the Pulaski County Regional Detention Center will reopen for intakes of new inmates today at 6 p.m.
The jail has been closed to most non-violent offenders since noon on August 26, when the population stood at 1,287 — 77 inmates over the PCRDC’s funded population of 1,210. At the time of the closure on August 26, Minden said that the inmate total included over 420 inmates with state-related holds. As of today, the total inmate population of the jail stands at 1,103.
History for 2014 PCRDF Closures and Openings:
· Closed on April 29th (Population: 1,300)
· Reopened on June 9th (Population: 1,135)
· Closed on July 1st (Population: 1,266)
· Reopened on July 24th (Population: 1,145)
· Closed on August 26th (Population: 1,287)
· Reopened on October 6th (Population: 1,103)