Sunday is more eventful than is typical, so here’s a roundup of headlines of note.
* DEATH ON I-40: An accident involving an ambulance left one dead and blocked eastbound traffic this morning on Interstate 40 near Maumelle. KARK reports that the driver of a wrong-way vehicle was killed in a collision with the emergency vehicle. Two medics were injured.
* TWO KILLED IN PERRYVILLE: State Police are investigating the killing of a man and woman during a fight at a Perryville home about 11 p.m. Saturday. Susie Fuller, 32, and Jerry Drinkwater, 36, who lived in the home, died. Perryville police had responded to a disturbance at the house and found two men fighting, one armed with a knife. The armed man, Bobby Wyles, 36, was taken into custody by the police.
* ARREST IN DOUBLE LR HOMICIDE: Little Rock police announced that they’d made an arrest in the killings Thursday of two men near M.L. King Drive and Roosevelt Road. Matthew Chism was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and a terroristic act.
* LYING ON NATIONAL TV: Fox News’ Chris Wallace nailed Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she attempted to repeat Donald Trump’s dishonest talking points about
* A TIP OF THE MAGA HAT: To the Arkansas soybean and chicken farmers who voted for Trump in light of his tariffs and this news: Russia says it will step in to sell soybeans and poultry to the Chinese.
* A DOG’S LIFE: KATV has an update on the small dog shot after barking at a Faulkner County deputy. It continues to receive veterinary care and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow but seems to be managing a wounded jaw and bone fragments driven into its stomach.