A lawsuit seeking $75,000 in damages was filed last week in Pulaski Circuit Court by Brooks Jansen, a former valet at the Capital Hotel, over the actions of a visiting Canadian investment tycoon, Michael Wekerle. The lawsuit alleges that Jansen was injured during Wekerle’s bizarre hijinks at the hotel in October 2010. Wekerle has acknowledged that he behaved in a way that he’s “not particularly proud of.” The rundown that follows comes from a Capital Hotel security incident report that was offered as an exhibit by the plaintiff’s attorneys:
1. Dropped his pants to his ankles in the lobby near the foyer, in front of guests and employees, and walked back and forth between the bell stand and the foyer three times before he pulled up his pants.
2. Repeatedly and loudly blew a stadium horn in the lobby.
3. Grabbed a valet by the arm, twisted the valet’s arm, spun around as if he was about to flip the valet over his shoulder, and tugged hard on the valet’s arm. The valet has reported an injury and filed an “Employee Accident/Injury Report.”
4. Verbally harassed two female guests by asking a valet in front of the females if the valet had “fucked them,” and then asking the valet to “lick their tits.”
5. Lifted and carried a female from the sidewalk in front of the hotel, through the foyer, into the lobby and to the nearest sofa, then fell backward on the sofa with the female and remained on the sofa with her in the prone position.
6. Got on his knees and then in a prone position on the floor of the lobby in front of the entrance to Ashley’s restaurant.
7. Licked the bottom of a female’s shoe, then removed the shoe and licked the bottom of the female’s foot while they were at the entrance to Ashley’s, and while the woman’s husband was in Ashley’s.
8. Talked in a loud, drunken manner and used profanity, including several variations of the word “fuck,” while inside Ashley’s restaurant, in the hotel lobby, and in the Capital Bar & Grill.
9. Wrestled with a companion in the hallway between the restrooms south of the lobby.
10. Sat at an occupied table in the Capital Bar & Grill and began talking to the patrons at the table, then stood up in his chair and jumped up and down in the chair until a server made him stop.
11. Dropped his pants and underwear in front of guests and employees in the Capital Bar & Grill. At least two guests reported seeing Mr. Wekerle’s genitals.
12. Threatened a security officer when the security officer tried to get Mr. Wekerle to calm down and stop interfering with other guests.