• Maybe He and Sonny Can Share a Place. Peyton Hillis has signed a contract with the Denver Broncos, although terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
• The Bad News Hogs. Jeff Alexander of Point-Spreads.com has peered into his crystal ball, and you won’t like what he sees for Bobby Petrino’s first Razorback team: a dead-last finish in the SEC West. Says Alexander: “Two years ago the Razorbacks were among the best teams in the nation. Last year, they were still explosive offensively and very competitive. This year, the rebuilding project begins under a new head man. With players asked to learn such a different offensive system and with so many new players being asked to step into expanded rolls, growing pains are inevitable.” Question: Is any player capable of being our Kelly Leak and saving us from such a horrible fate?
• We’re Number 26!! Some high-falutin’ number crunchers at SI.com have determined that Arkansas and Western Kentucky tied for the 26th best athletic program during the 2007-’08 school year.
• Rebel Fans Ready to Get Their Nutt On. The Clarion-Ledger newspaper has an article on the lovefest currently underway between Houston Nutt and Ole Miss fans. We can already hardly wait for the Ole Miss-Arkansas match-up in Fayetteville this fall. Think that will get much coverage in the Arkansas media?
• Sweating the Big Stuff. Jim Harris of ArkansasSports360.com has an interesting piece on the issues that have college basketball coaches tossing and turning all through the night.
(more at www.razorbackexpats.com)