Local businesses in Little Rock’s Southside Main Street district and up the road near the Main Street Creative Corridor have collaborated to create a small-business scavenger hunt for Saturday, Nov. 26—a.k.a. “Small Business Saturday,” an event created by American Express in 2010 as an antidote to midnight madness and a way to help the “little guy” with the kind of boost that Black Friday typically gives to bigger retailers.
Wanna play? Here’s how it works: Shoppers should visit participating businesses between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and find and photograph each shop’s scavenger hunt item (shops and items listed below). Then, check in to the business on Facebook and upload the scavenged photo there or to Instagram—being sure to use #sbslittlerockar and #shopsmall. A drawing from all participants who complete the hunt will award 10 lucky winners with a goody bag; winners will be notified via Facebook or Instagram. How’s that for easy and fun?
Here’s where to go and what to look for:
- Bella Vita Jewelry — a hand cast bronze pendant
- Community Bakery — a case of cookies or pies
- Electric Ghost Screen Printing — a succulent in a cute pot
- ESSE Purse Museum and Store — a purse shaped like a camera
- The Green Corner Store and Soda Fountain — “Good Planets are Hard to Find” T-shirt
- Loblolly Creamery — a soda fountain
- The Oxford American Magazine — the Oxford American sign
- South Main Creative — framed “Try a Little Kindness” needlework
Happy hunting, and don’t forget to use those hashtags—we’ll be following along to see how it goes!